Topics

EdgeX Data format

Ganesh Raju

Hi,

I have been researching on the data format the EdgeX API produces. I have seen the wiki page describing the format. Has anyone been using the API and if so, is it possible for someone to generate a sample file and send that to me.

Thanks,
Ganesh

--
IRC: ganeshraju@#linaro on irc.freenode.net

James.White2@...

Hello Ganesh and thanks for your interest in the project.

Regarding the API, I am not entirely sure I understand what you are asking for with regard to a sample?  If you are looking for examples of how to use the APIs, a complete set of how to set up a device service & device, how to push data through the core services, how to execute commands on devices, and how to export data from EdgeX is provided here:

https://wiki.edgexfoundry.org/display/FA/EdgeX+Demonstration+API+Walk+Through

Also, if you check out the Tech Talks (https://wiki.edgexfoundry.org/display/FA/EdgeX+Tech+Talks ), you'll find some recorded sessions where I walk people through steps on setting up EdgeX, understanding services like core data better, etc.

Finally, withing the RAML documents associated to each of the API sets in the API Reference (https://wiki.edgexfoundry.org/display/FA/API+Reference) are are example API calls complete with parameters.

If these are not what you are looking for, please provide me a little more details about what type of sample you are looking for.

Distinguished Engineer, Software Architect
Dell Technologies | End User Computing, Chief Technology Office (EUC CTO)