[Edgex-tsc-device-services] [Edgex-tsc-vertical-solutions] [Information] Smart Factory project updates..
Zolfonoon, Riaz <riaz.zolfonoon@...>
I’m interested in your OPC-UA microservice as we are working in the Edgex security working group to define the core security services required by all EdgeX use cases. Could you please clarify the following:
1) In your Original Proposal, are the Data Computing Edge Device and Data Collection Edge Device planned to be implemented using EdgeX?
2) In your Wiki project page, you also mention two components of your solution: Service Deployment Manager and Service Deployment Agent. How are these components related to EdgeX and to Data Computing Edge Device and Data Collection Edge Device?
3) Do you have a high level diagram that shows the relation between all of the above components to EdgeX architecture? That would make it easier to understand the overall architecture.
4) Based on your description, my understanding is that OPC-UA protocol is used to communicate both on connection between the Machine/sensor to an Edgex node as well as between an Edgex node and the higher level nodes. That is, in EdgeX terminology, both on the southbound and northbound connections. Did I understand this correctly?
5) Are you currently implementing the security spec defined by OPC Foundation for OPC-UA (perhaps as part of the OPC-UA open source stack you are using in your project)?
Thanks for any clarification.
Riaz Zolfonoon | Distinguished Engineer | RSA | www.rsa.com | o: +1 781-515-7168 | c: +1 617-283-4822
From: edgex-tsc-device-services-bounces@... [mailto:edgex-tsc-device-services-bounces@...] On Behalf Of MyeongGi Jeong
Sent: Thursday, November 23, 2017 11:47 PM
To: edgex-devel@...; edgex-tsc-core@...; edgex-tsc-device-services@...; edgex-tsc-systems-mgmt@...; edgex-tsc-vertical-solutions@...
Subject: Re: [Edgex-tsc-device-services] [Edgex-tsc-vertical-solutions] [Information] Smart Factory project updates..
Yes, I want to contribute code into the EdgeX.
If you have any concern, please let me know..
Principle Engineer, Software Architect
Software R&D Center, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
+82-10-3328-1130 | +82-2-6147-7699
--------- Original Message ---------
Date : 2017-11-24 01:45 (GMT+9)
Title : Re: [Edgex-tsc-vertical-solutions] [Information] Smart Factory project updates..
Thanks for this MJ. You and the team at Samsung have obviously been working hard. I haven't had a chance to dig through it all but will try to over the coming weeks.
What is your intention with regard to the code and EdgeX? Are you wanting to contribute the code into the EdgeX project from Samsung?