From: Drasko DRASKOVIC [mailto:drasko@...]
Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2018 9:26 PM
To: edgex-golang@...; edgex-tsc@...; edgex-devel@...; edgex-tsc-security@...; Janko Isidorovic <janko@...>; dejan.mjc <dejan@...>; Nikola Marcetic <nikola@...>; manuel@...; White2, James <James_White2@...>
Subject: [SECURITY] EdgeX Auth Service in Go

Hi all,
I have advanced with my Auth service: https://github.com/drasko/edgex-auth

Currently:
- HTTPS (TLS v1.2) is working
- NginX is forwarding all requests to Auth service via standard feature `auth_request`:
http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_auth_request_module.html

In progress:
- Consul auto-discovery support (NginX can read Consul)
- Traefik support (Traefik also has `auth_request` forwarding feature)

At this point I think that code has basic functionality and can be contributed to EdgeX official codebase.

It will bring:
- User creation and management
- User login via JWT token
- Authorization (access control) to all API endpoints if user is not logged in
- TLS encryption

If you are interested I can present the service on one of the following TSC meetings.

Join EdgeX-GoLang@lists.edgexfoundry.org to automatically receive all group messages.