Topics

[Edgex-devel] EdgeX Device Services in Go

espy

On 10/12/2017 06:02 PM, Drasko DRASKOVIC wrote:
Hi all,
since Export Client is practically finished and Cavium is looking at
Export Distribution, I have created EdgeX Device Services placeholder
for people interested to put their hands on this part of the system:
https://github.com/drasko/edgex-device.
Manuel from Mainflux (who did great contributions on Export Client)
will start now working on MQTT Device Service, following with BLE or
HTTP (REST).
Can we discuss this later today at our bi-weekly Go meeting? I've been working on a Go Device Service "SDK" (actually probably better referred to as a "Go package") which hasn't yet been released to github, as I'm leveraging some of the core go packages written by Ryan @ Dell which aren't yet public. I think starting to implement individual Device Services in Go prior to some discussion/review of my approach/code isn't wise.

Also as part of this work, BLE is one of my first targets for a Go Device Service SDK. That said, we should have some discussion as to whether or not it makes sense to re-write the Virtual Device Service in Go?

Likewise I'm also having a separate call later today with Keith and his team for some initial brainstorming around a C SDK.

Added to the agenda - thanks Tony