Topics

[Edgex-marketing] EDGE X - mascot designs

Julia Cline <cline@...>

Hi Francoise,

Thanks for the good work. I’m new to the group, so I don’t have a lot of background on this.

I feel as though the Ed version is a bit too cartoon-ish with too big a head. Ed also seems like it is floating around rather than controlling where it is going.

I prefer the PIOTR-standard version because it is more serious. I feel as though he has completely control of his tentacles so that he can extend them and have control into new and varies markets etc.

In general, I also like the EDDY-standard for similar reason. However, it looks a bit more combative and out to get something.

Best regards,

Julia

From: <edgex-marketing-bounces@...> on behalf of Françoise B <francoisebraun@...>
Date: Tuesday, January 30, 2018 at 9:26 AM
To: Brett Preston <bpreston@...>, Cynthia Artin <cynthiaartin@...>, "edgex-marketing@..." <edgex-marketing@...>
Cc: "drasko.draskovic@..." <drasko.draskovic@...>, "edgex-tsc@..." <edgex-tsc@...>, "edgex-golang@..." <edgex-golang@...>, "edgex-devel@..." <edgex-devel@...>
Subject: [Edgex-marketing] EDGE X - mascot designs

Hello,

Here are 3 new design proposals for a potential EDGE X mascot.

The idea was to make the character more octopus like, less childish and more smart.

  • EDGARD – blue, minimalist design
  • EDDY – green mint, cartoon spirit
  • PIOTR – violet, octopus classic

In addition, a 3 color variation of the initial ‘EDGY’ design with a new name ‘ED’.

As, the ‘pink’ may add too much cutness to the design, it might be interesting to reconsider the shape with those tints.

  • ED – 3 colors variations (pink / red / petrol)

Those designs are first steps to be improved after selection, if there is one selected of course.

If you have any feedback, please let me know.

Françoise

Brett Preston

All - For completeness, attached please find the current EdgeX Octopus, which this thread is discussing whether we should be updating. Thank you

--
Brett Preston
The Linux Foundation

Google Talk: bpreston@...