Topics

[Edgex-tsc] [Edgex-marketing] EDGE X - mascot designs

Mick Welch <mwelch@...>

Brett and team,

I like the existing octopod!
It seems friendlier and its body is more stylish.

octopus_small-150x150.png

IMHO - The others seemed sinister or childish.

Mick Welch
Sixgill
Sr. Director
Customer Technical Services
   (m) +1-312-912-4554

On Jan 30, 2018, at 12:13 PM, Brett Preston <bpreston@...> wrote:

All - For completeness, attached please find the current EdgeX Octopus, which this thread is discussing whether we should be updating. Thank you

On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 11:18 AM, Julia Cline <cline@...> wrote:

Hi Francoise,

Thanks for the good work. I’m new to the group, so I don’t have a lot of background on this.

I feel as though the Ed version is a bit too cartoon-ish with too big a head. Ed also seems like it is floating around rather than controlling where it is going.

I prefer the PIOTR-standard version because it is more serious. I feel as though he has completely control of his tentacles so that he can extend them and have control into new and varies markets etc.

In general, I also like the EDDY-standard for similar reason. However, it looks a bit more combative and out to get something.

Best regards,

Julia

Hello,

Here are 3 new design proposals for a potential EDGE X mascot.

The idea was to make the character more octopus like, less childish and more smart.

  • EDGARD – blue, minimalist design
  • EDDY – green mint, cartoon spirit
  • PIOTR – violet, octopus classic

In addition, a 3 color variation of the initial ‘EDGY’ design with a new name ‘ED’.

As, the ‘pink’ may add too much cutness to the design, it might be interesting to reconsider the shape with those tints.

  • ED – 3 colors variations (pink / red / petrol)

Those designs are first steps to be improved after selection, if there is one selected of course.

If you have any feedback, please let me know.

Françoise

--
Brett Preston
The Linux Foundation

Google Talk: bpreston@...
Skype: bprestoncf
<octopus_small-150x150.png>_______________________________________________
EdgeX-TSC mailing list
EdgeX-TSC@...

Brett Preston

All,

Thank you for your input.

I would recommend that we focus on the logo first, and apply name once a design is chosen. The majority may like one logo, but the name from another proposal.

From a branding perspective, we will want to keep the color palette where it currently sits... with existing colors. (ref Brand Guidelines at https://www.edgexfoundry.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/25/2017/10/EdgeX_BrandGuide_092917.pdf)

To help close the decision on whether we keep with existing Octopus, or move to a new logo, I propose we follow the timeline below:

1. Feedback/Open Discussion Period: Now through 5pm PST on Wednesday, February 7

2. Vote will be sent out using Condorcet -> 1 vote per member company. It will be rank-based voting, with the highest overall ranking becoming the new official mascot (at least for the foreseeable future... until the project decides to go through a branding update). Vote will include the 6 designs, as presented, as well as the current EdgeX mascot logo

3. Vote will remain open for one week

Prior to the vote, member companies are welcome to confirm, or update, their primary voting representative (if needed) by emailing myself (or info@...)

Please let me know if there are any questions -

Thank you,

Brett

On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 1:02 PM, Mick Welch <mwelch@...> wrote:
[...]

Salim AbiEzzi <salim@...>