Topics

Go Mux

Drasko DRASKOVIC <drasko@...>

Hi,
on our wiki page it is suggested to use Gorilla mux
(https://wiki.edgexfoundry.org/display/FA/Contributor%27s+Guide+-+Go+Lang).

Based on this article:
https://www.peterbe.com/plog/my-favorite-go-multiplexer we leaned
towards Bone mux (https://github.com/go-zoo/bone). I do not think that
difference is important, but just wanted to mention this to poeple
interested in Go.

Thanks for this Drasko.

For the initial core services, we'll probably stick to Gorilla because much has been done already and we don't want to rip that out and delay delivery. But would be good to get your take (or other direct experiences) on it if you decide to use it for other services.

Future refactoring to replace the multiplexer library would be a great starter project for those entering EdgeX if one or the other becomes the obvious choice.
jim
on our wiki page it is suggested to use Gorilla mux
(https://wiki.edgexfoundry.org/display/FA/Contributor%27s+Guide+-+Go+Lang).

Based on this article:
https://www.peterbe.com/plog/my-favorite-go-multiplexer we leaned
towards Bone mux (https://github.com/go-zoo/bone). I do not think that
difference is important, but just wanted to mention this to poeple
interested in Go.

Drasko DRASKOVIC <drasko@...>

Hi Jim,

On Sat, Oct 28, 2017 at 8:25 PM, <James.White2@...> wrote:
Thanks for this Drasko.

For the initial core services, we'll probably stick to Gorilla because much has been done already and we don't want to rip that out and delay delivery. But would be good to get your take (or other direct experiences) on it if you decide to use it for other services.

Future refactoring to replace the multiplexer library would be a great starter project for those entering EdgeX if one or the other becomes the obvious choice.
Great. Good point with all these muxes it that they keep Go stdlib
signatures for handlers, and they are extremely easy replaceable. I
will report here on our golang mailing list some options regarding
components as we go along so that all community is in the syc and send
some articles related to Go that I find interesting.

Sounds good! Feel free to also list the ones you think are good alternates to the list of "approved or favored" Go Lang libraries on the Go Lang Contributors page.