Re: Delhi release version

Jeremy Phelps

Building the artifacts with specified versions is different from git tagging.  The reason we want to bump the version on master before the release is for the daily staging jobs mostly.  We will be pointing blackbox tests at these, and to avoid confusion they should be different than our barcelona versions since they are already released.  Daily builds will of course overwrite but it's easier to reason about if we do bump.

On Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 9:15 PM, <James.White2@...> wrote:

I am not sure we know what version number to give Delhi yet.  I’d like to think it might actually be 1.0, but too soon to label it at this time.

Is it important to tag the branch now versus when we cut a release?  I don’t recall having to tag at the start of a release before.

Is there a reason we are tagging at the start of a release versus at the end?

From: Jeremy Phelps [mailto:jphelps@linuxfoundation.org]
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2018 4:22 PM
To: Conn, Trevor
Cc: EdgeX-TSC-DevOps@lists.edgexfoundry.org; White2, James
Subject: Re: [Edgex-tsc-devops] Delhi release version

If we have the version for Delhi in the master branch already then we don't have that work to do after the cut.  The only work will be updating master again to the next release version.

On Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 4:16 PM, <Trevor.Conn@...> wrote:

Hi Jeremy -- When you say "master" tag will hurt us, how do you mean? Wouldn't we just make a change to the desired version in the Delhi branch after the cut?