Re: Config Mgmt Proposal V2
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Good stuff. Some comments:
- Are we assuming that the registry is unique to EdgeX ? If not (i.e. potentially shared with other software
systems), then perhaps all settings should be scoped at the top level to "edgex".
- Why "efx' and not just "core"
- Think also need "export" as a high level category, as like devices in the future may be multiple instances.
- Presuming that everything under "devices" is a device instance name as may be deploying multiple instances
of the same device type.
- If have a typed category "devices" then naming things "device-xxx" under this seems like a device too far,
i.e can just be devices/mqtt-xxx etc.
- Might be worth considering allowing device instance names to hierarchical. Recently looked at a buildings
management system, where all devices were scoped based on location i.e. "building5/floor3/conf_room_1/heating controller".
Having devices in a flat structure is not going to scale and does not support deployment specific device hierarchy.
On Sat, 15 Dec 2018 at 23:28, <Trevor.Conn@...> wrote:
IOTech Systems Ltd.