Re: Docker publish conventions

Trevor.Conn@...

Works for me, and I agree "staging" should also have the SHA tag.

From: EdgeX-TSC-DevOps@... <EdgeX-TSC-DevOps@...> on behalf of Jeremy Phelps <jphelps@...>
Sent: Thursday, May 3, 2018 1:32 PM
To: edgex-tsc-devops@...
Subject: [Edgex-tsc-devops] Docker publish conventions

Hi All,
I wanted to get some feed back on my following proposal for publishing docker images to the edgexfoundry docker registries:
"""
# DEPLOY_TYPE: Can be `snapshot`, `staging` or`release`
# `snapshot` will push docker images to:
# 1) nexus3.edgexfoundry.org:10003 with a GIT_SHA-VERSION tag
# `staging` will push docker images to:
# 1) nexus3.edgexfoundry.org:10004 with the `latest` tag
# 2) edgexfoundry dockerhub with the `latest` tag
# `release` will push docker images to:
# 1) nexus3.edgexfoundry.org:10002 with the `latest` tag and `VERSION` tag
# 2) edgexfoundry dockerhub with the `latest` tag and `VERSION` tag
#

"""
VERSION is set by reading the VERSION file in the project root.

We could then direct the blackbox tests against the staging repository 'latest' daily.  It might be helpful to interpolate the GIT_SHA into the tag for the staging repo images so we can trace back easier in the event of failure.
Thoughts?
Jeremy

Join EdgeX-TSC-DevOps@lists.edgexfoundry.org to automatically receive all group messages.