Re: Docker publish conventions

Jeremy Phelps

Just thought of a way, we could template out a docker-compose file for each staging push that blackbox tests would pull in.  We could interpolate the SHA tags into it.  Will take a bit of figuring though.

On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 1:41 PM, Jeremy Phelps <jphelps@...> wrote:
I just thought of a blocker on SHA tag in staging for blackbox tests, not sure there would be a way to automate pulling those in.

On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 1:38 PM, <Trevor.Conn@...> wrote:

Works for me, and I agree "staging" should also have the SHA tag.

From: EdgeX-TSC-DevOps@...undry.org <EdgeX-TSC-DevOps@...oundry.org> on behalf of Jeremy Phelps <jphelps@...>
Sent: Thursday, May 3, 2018 1:32 PM
To: edgex-tsc-devops@...undry.org
Subject: [Edgex-tsc-devops] Docker publish conventions

Hi All,
I wanted to get some feed back on my following proposal for publishing docker images to the edgexfoundry docker registries:
"""
# DEPLOY_TYPE: Can be `snapshot`, `staging` or`release`
# `snapshot` will push docker images to:
# 1) nexus3.edgexfoundry.org:10003 with a GIT_SHA-VERSION tag
# `staging` will push docker images to:
# 1) nexus3.edgexfoundry.org:10004 with the `latest` tag
# 2) edgexfoundry dockerhub with the `latest` tag
# `release` will push docker images to:
# 1) nexus3.edgexfoundry.org:10002 with the `latest` tag and `VERSION` tag
# 2) edgexfoundry dockerhub with the `latest` tag and `VERSION` tag
#

"""
VERSION is set by reading the VERSION file in the project root.

We could then direct the blackbox tests against the staging repository 'latest' daily.  It might be helpful to interpolate the GIT_SHA into the tag for the staging repo images so we can trace back easier in the event of failure.
Thoughts?
Jeremy

Join EdgeX-TSC-DevOps@lists.edgexfoundry.org to automatically receive all group messages.