Date
Scheduled maintenance: Auth0 SSO migrations 2020-06-02 10:00am-12:00pm PDT

Eric Ball

What:
We will be performing maintenance on EdgeX services at 10:00am-12:00pm PDT on Tuesday, June 2, to migrate to our new SSO service in an effort to roll out a more consistent login experience across all Linux Foundation Projects Services.

This login process will use sso.linuxfoundation.org and should be familiar to anyone who has logged into https://support.linuxfoundation.org. So if you see a different login window than before, this is an expected change.

There is an overall FAQ on the transition available here: https://identity.linuxfoundation.org/migration-faq. If you have any problems with the new login experience, please let our support team know at https://support.linuxfoundation.org.

When:
2020-06-02 10:00am-12:00pm PDT

Impact:
No downtime is expected, though short login interruptions may occur.

Cancelled Event: EdgeX TSC DevOps WG Meeting (Weekly) - Thursday, 28 May 2020 #cal-cancelled

EdgeX-TSC-DevOps@lists.edgexfoundry.org Calendar <EdgeX-TSC-DevOps@...>

Cancelled: EdgeX TSC DevOps WG Meeting (Weekly)

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Thursday, 28 May 2020
4:00pm to 5:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/967227826

Organizer: EdgeX-TSC-DevOps@...

EdgeX TSC DevOps and QA/Test WG Meeting. Meeting content posted to DevOps Wiki.
Meeting Lead: James Gregg, EdgeX DevOps WG Chair, james.r.gregg@...
-----
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/967227826

Or iPhone one-tap :
    US: +16465588656,,967227826# or +16699006833,,967227826#
Or Telephone:
    International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/bmaYSxofb

Upcoming Event: EdgeX TSC DevOps WG Meeting (Weekly) - Thu, 05/21/2020 4:00pm-5:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

EdgeX-TSC-DevOps@lists.edgexfoundry.org Calendar <EdgeX-TSC-DevOps@...>

Reminder: EdgeX TSC DevOps WG Meeting (Weekly)

When: Thursday, 21 May 2020, 4:00pm to 5:00pm, (GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:https://zoom.us/j/967227826

Organizer: EdgeX-TSC-DevOps@...

Meeting Lead: James Gregg, EdgeX DevOps WG Chair, james.r.gregg@...
-----
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/967227826

Or iPhone one-tap :
    US: +16465588656,,967227826# or +16699006833,,967227826#
Or Telephone:
    International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/bmaYSxofb

Re: [Edgex-tsc] jenkins.edgexfoundry.org scheduled maintenance: 2020-05-18 20:00 PDT

Eric Ball

This work is now complete, and the git-label-sync job has been restarted.

On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 8:03 PM Eric Ball via lists.edgexfoundry.org <eball=linuxfoundation.org@...> wrote:
This work is beginning now. Due to the length of the git-label-sync daily job, I will have to restart it after the upgrade is complete (it is not scheduled to be finished until more than an hour from now).

On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 4:25 PM Eric Ball via lists.edgexfoundry.org <eball=linuxfoundation.org@...> wrote:
What:
Critical security updates for Java and Jenkins.

When:
2020-05-18 20:00-21:00 PDT

Impact:
Jenkins jobs will be suspended, and Jenkins may not be available during the maintenance window.

Why:
Updates to fix security vulnerabilities.

[...]

Upcoming Event: EdgeX TSC DevOps WG Meeting (Weekly) - Thu, 05/14/2020 4:00pm-5:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

EdgeX-TSC-DevOps@lists.edgexfoundry.org Calendar <EdgeX-TSC-DevOps@...>

Reminder: EdgeX TSC DevOps WG Meeting (Weekly)

When: Thursday, 14 May 2020, 4:00pm to 5:00pm, (GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:https://zoom.us/j/967227826

Organizer: EdgeX-TSC-DevOps@...

Meeting Lead: James Gregg, EdgeX DevOps WG Chair, james.r.gregg@...
-----
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/967227826

Or iPhone one-tap :
    US: +16465588656,,967227826# or +16699006833,,967227826#
Or Telephone:
    International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/bmaYSxofb

Re: [Edgex-tsc-QA-Test] [Edgex-tsc-devops] blackbox test release tag and schedule change

Ranganathan, Ramya

Lisa,

Yes this is a NEW requirement – not a NEW issue 😊

Let the community weigh in on it through the VOTE process.

-Ramya

From: <EdgeX-TSC-DevOps@...> on behalf of Cloud Tsai <cloud@...>
Date: Wednesday, May 6, 2020 at 7:10 PM
To: "Ranganathan, Ramya" <ramya.ranganathan@...>
Cc: "Rashidi-ranjbar, Lisa A" <lisa.a.rashidi-ranjbar@...>, Jim White <jim@...>, "EdgeX-TSC-DevOps@..." <EdgeX-TSC-DevOps@...>, "edgex-tsc-qa-test@..." <edgex-tsc-qa-test@...>, "Nevis, Bryon" <bryon.nevis@...>, tw-engineers <tw-engineers@...>

Hi Lisa, James, and Ramya,

Thanks for taking care of this.

Yes, I agree with the proposal Lisa provided.

I don't see anything about tests in the release automation ADR, so I just thought blackbox test will not be one of the release artifacts.  My expectation was to create a normal branch like before.  The following steps are necessary anyway, or we won't have any final regression for the released images:

1.       Change the sync and deployment script to test against the official release images.

2.       Confirm all the test cases are passed.

Those work will be covered by QA working group.

I will join today's DevOps meeting to see what we should do.

On Thu, 7 May 2020 at 07:36, Ranganathan, Ramya <ramya.ranganathan@...> wrote:

Sounds like a plan Lisa!  Hope cloud is ok with this too..

From: "Ranganathan, Ramya" <ramya.ranganathan@...>
Date: Wednesday, May 6, 2020 at 3:33 PM
To: Jim White <jim@...>, "Rashidi-ranjbar, Lisa A" <lisa.a.rashidi-ranjbar@...>
Cc: Cloud Tsai <cloud@...>, "EdgeX-TSC-DevOps@..." <EdgeX-TSC-DevOps@...>, "edgex-tsc-qa-test@..." <edgex-tsc-qa-test@...>, "Nevis, Bryon" <bryon.nevis@...>, tw-engineers <tw-engineers@...>

It would be appropriate for Test QA should own the test release strategy.

Actual tag creation should be part of the release automation process and potentially fall into Dev ops.

My 2 cents 😊

-Ramya

From: "Ranganathan, Ramya" <ramya.ranganathan@...>
Date: Wednesday, May 6, 2020 at 2:54 PM
To: Cloud Tsai <cloud@...>, "Rashidi-ranjbar, Lisa A" <lisa.a.rashidi-ranjbar@...>
Cc: "EdgeX-TSC-DevOps@..." <EdgeX-TSC-DevOps@...>, "edgex-tsc-qa-test@..." <edgex-tsc-qa-test@...>, "Nevis, Bryon" <bryon.nevis@...>, tw-engineers <tw-engineers@...>

Agree with Cloud. We need a way to snapshot the test version for major releases.

CD can still use master latest for nightly regressions.

-Ramya

From: <EdgeX-TSC-DevOps@...> on behalf of Cloud Tsai <cloud@...>
Date: Wednesday, May 6, 2020 at 6:40 AM
To: "EdgeX-TSC-DevOps@..." <EdgeX-TSC-DevOps@...>
Cc: "edgex-tsc-qa-test@..." <edgex-tsc-qa-test@...>, "Nevis, Bryon" <bryon.nevis@...>, tw-engineers <tw-engineers@...>

Hi DevOps team,

I would like to give you guys a head up about what we plan to do for the release in blackbox test repositories and ask for the opinions.

I thought the concept should be the same as the modules, because we only need a tag.

After the Geneva images are released and we create the Geneva docker-compose file in developer-scripts, QA team will do the following actions:

  1. Add the Jenkinsfile into the blackbox test repositories: https://github.com/edgexfoundry/blackbox-testing and https://github.com/edgexfoundry/edgex-taf
  2. Change the sync and deployment script to test against the official release images.
  3. Confirm all the test cases are passed.
  4. Open a PR in cd-management to tag the release.
  5. Change  the sync and deployment script back to test against the master staged images.

Also, since the staged images build will be automatically triggered when each PR is merged, the schedule of blackbox daily run would not need to follow the image build time now.  I would like to modify the  blackbox daily run schedule to our morning (around 9 AM Taipei time, and it's 12 PM now).

We just need your help for PR review.  Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.  Thanks.

Cloud Tsai

Cloud Tsai

Cloud Tsai

Re: [Edgex-tsc-QA-Test] [Edgex-tsc-devops] blackbox test release tag and schedule change

Rashidi-ranjbar, Lisa A

[...]

From a DevOps perspective we have already provided the automation to release a git tag so that is covered. Of course any enhancements to the release automation can be scoped but we would need a proposal and some requirements gathering first.

Lisa

From: "Ranganathan, Ramya" <ramya.ranganathan@...>
Date: Wednesday, May 6, 2020 at 2:54 PM
To: Cloud Tsai <cloud@...>, "Rashidi-ranjbar, Lisa A" <lisa.a.rashidi-ranjbar@...>
Cc: "EdgeX-TSC-DevOps@..." <EdgeX-TSC-DevOps@...>, "edgex-tsc-qa-test@..." <edgex-tsc-qa-test@...>, "Nevis, Bryon" <bryon.nevis@...>, tw-engineers <tw-engineers@...>

From: <EdgeX-TSC-DevOps@...> on behalf of Cloud Tsai <cloud@...>
Date: Wednesday, May 6, 2020 at 6:40 AM
To: "EdgeX-TSC-DevOps@..." <EdgeX-TSC-DevOps@...>
Cc: "edgex-tsc-qa-test@..." <edgex-tsc-qa-test@...>, "Nevis, Bryon" <bryon.nevis@...>, tw-engineers <tw-engineers@...>

[...]

Upcoming Event: EdgeX TSC DevOps WG Meeting (Weekly) - Thu, 05/07/2020 4:00pm-5:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

EdgeX-TSC-DevOps@lists.edgexfoundry.org Calendar <EdgeX-TSC-DevOps@...>

Reminder: EdgeX TSC DevOps WG Meeting (Weekly)

When: Thursday, 7 May 2020, 4:00pm to 5:00pm, (GMT+00:00) UTC

[...]

From a DevOps perspective we have already provided the automation to release a git tag so that is covered. Of course any enhancements to the release automation can be scoped but we would need a proposal and some requirements gathering first.

Lisa

From: "Ranganathan, Ramya" <ramya.ranganathan@...>
Date: Wednesday, May 6, 2020 at 2:54 PM
To: Cloud Tsai <cloud@...>, "Rashidi-ranjbar, Lisa A" <lisa.a.rashidi-ranjbar@...>
Cc: "EdgeX-TSC-DevOps@..." <EdgeX-TSC-DevOps@...>, "edgex-tsc-qa-test@..." <edgex-tsc-qa-test@...>, "Nevis, Bryon" <bryon.nevis@...>, tw-engineers <tw-engineers@...>

From: <EdgeX-TSC-DevOps@...> on behalf of Cloud Tsai <cloud@...>
Date: Wednesday, May 6, 2020 at 6:40 AM
To: "EdgeX-TSC-DevOps@..." <EdgeX-TSC-DevOps@...>
Cc: "edgex-tsc-qa-test@..." <edgex-tsc-qa-test@...>, "Nevis, Bryon" <bryon.nevis@...>, tw-engineers <tw-engineers@...>

[...]

Re: EdgeX Nexus 2 & 3 scheduled maintenance: 2020-05-06 18:30 PDT

Eric Ball

This work is now complete.

On Wed, May 6, 2020 at 3:06 PM Eric Ball via lists.edgexfoundry.org <eball=linuxfoundation.org@...> wrote:
What:

When:
2020-05-06 18:30-19:00 PDT

Impact:
nexus.edgexfoundry.org and nexus3.edgexfoundry.org will be unavailable for part of the maintenance window. Jenkins jobs will also be suspended to avoid failures of push/pull from Nexus servers.

Why:
Updates to fix security vulnerabilities.

Re: [Edgex-tsc-QA-Test] [Edgex-tsc-devops] blackbox test release tag and schedule change

Ranganathan, Ramya

Sounds like a plan Lisa!  Hope cloud is ok with this too..

  1. For Geneva we release a tag to create the desired snapshot
  2. For Hanoi and beyond we have a proposal that is brought up to the TSC and/or Architect’s meeting. Previous changes to our official release verbiage have required TSC vote. When I think back to Snaps and Swaggerhub these things were weighed by the community before being adopted. Essentially this is what is being asked, adding a new type of release artifact to the release.

From a DevOps perspective we have already provided the automation to release a git tag so that is covered. Of course any enhancements to the release automation can be scoped but we would need a proposal and some requirements gathering first.

Lisa

From: "Ranganathan, Ramya" <ramya.ranganathan@...>
Date: Wednesday, May 6, 2020 at 2:54 PM
To: Cloud Tsai <cloud@...>, "Rashidi-ranjbar, Lisa A" <lisa.a.rashidi-ranjbar@...>
Cc: "EdgeX-TSC-DevOps@..." <EdgeX-TSC-DevOps@...>, "edgex-tsc-qa-test@..." <edgex-tsc-qa-test@...>, "Nevis, Bryon" <bryon.nevis@...>, tw-engineers <tw-engineers@...>

From: <EdgeX-TSC-DevOps@...> on behalf of Cloud Tsai <cloud@...>
Date: Wednesday, May 6, 2020 at 6:40 AM
To: "EdgeX-TSC-DevOps@..." <EdgeX-TSC-DevOps@...>
Cc: "edgex-tsc-qa-test@..." <edgex-tsc-qa-test@...>, "Nevis, Bryon" <bryon.nevis@...>, tw-engineers <tw-engineers@...>

[...]

Gregg, James R

Jim,

I think Lisa has done a good job of outlining what should happen for this.

If we need further discussion, we can bring it into the DevOps WG tomorrow morning.

~ James Gregg

From: "Ranganathan, Ramya" <ramya.ranganathan@...>
Date: Wednesday, May 6, 2020 at 2:54 PM
To: Cloud Tsai <cloud@...>, "Rashidi-ranjbar, Lisa A" <lisa.a.rashidi-ranjbar@...>