Date
Core Working Group Meeting tomorrow

James.White2@...

Reminder that the Core Working Group meeting is tomorrow at 10am Central time

Dial-In Info:
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/201883906

Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll): +16468769923,,201883906# or +16699006833,,201883906#
Or Telephone:
Dial: +1 646 876 9923 (US Toll) or +1 669 900 6833 (US Toll)
+1 877 369 0926 (US Toll Free)
+1 877 853 5247 (US Toll Free)
Meeting ID: 201 883 906
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=Qqq7sz4L88ze6B1M1tTIMQkO-eZL20cy

Integration testing

Jeremy Phelps

Hi Cloud,
I've had a first run of the integration tests in the jenkins sandbox here https://jenkins.edgexfoundry.org/sandbox/job/integration-tests/15/console.
As you can see there are some things to work out and I could use your help.
The JJB I am using to provision the Jenkins job can be found here https://github.com/edgexfoundry/ci-management/pull/55.
Let me know when a good time to meet would be and we can sync up and talk this out.

Re: Integration testing

Jeremy Phelps

Hi Cloud,
Sounds good.
Jeremy

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 9:11 AM, Cloud Tsai <cloudxxx8@...> wrote:
Hi Jeremy,

Sorry, I am very busy on my current job in these two days.
I will take a look on Friday and reply to you.

Best Regards,
Cloud Tsai

Cloud Tsai <cloudxxx8@...>

Hi Jeremy,

Sorry, I am very busy on my current job in these two days.
I will take a look on Friday and reply to you.

Best Regards,
Cloud Tsai

Hi Cloud,
I've had a first run of the integration tests in the jenkins sandbox here https://jenkins.edgexfoundry.org/sandbox/job/integration-tests/15/console.
As you can see there are some things to work out and I could use your help.
The JJB I am using to provision the Jenkins job can be found here https://github.com/edgexfoundry/ci-management/pull/55.
Let me know when a good time to meet would be and we can sync up and talk this out.

Re: Integration testing

Cloud Tsai <cloudxxx8@...>

Hi Jeremy,

Sorry for the late reply again.
Basically, you are right.  All need to do is to execute deploy-edgeX.sh and run.sh -all postman-integration-test.
However, after the testing, we should add some clean up script to keep the test server clean, such as:
  • docker-compose down
  • docker rmi $docker images

I can't see anything under https://jenkins.edgexfoundry.org/sandbox/job/integration-tests/15/console, so I am not sure how is going on on LF server so far.
Could you please instruct me how to run your Jenkins job?  After investigating the log, I will figure out what should fix here.

[...]

go repos

James.White2@...

Jeremy,

per meetings this week, please create the following GitHub repos, with associated maintainers:

repos Maintainer export-go Janko (Mainflux) consul-client-go Jim, Tyler, Ryan Comer (Dell) core-clients-go Jim, Tyler, Ryan Comer (Dell) core-command-go Jim, Tyler, Ryan Comer (Dell) core-data-go Jim, Tyler, Ryan Comer (Dell) core-domain-go Jim, Tyler, Ryan Comer (Dell) core-metadata-go Jim, Tyler, Ryan Comer (Dell) support-logging-client-go Jim, Tyler, Ryan Comer (Dell) support-notifications-client-go Jim, Tyler, Ryan Comer (Dell) support-domain-go Jim, Tyler, Ryan Comer (Dell)

thanks

Jim White
Distinguished Engineer, Software Architect
Dell Technologies | End User Computing, Chief Technology Office (EUC CTO)

[linuxfoundation.org #49263] go repos

Jeremy Phelps via RT <edgex-helpdesk@...>

Hi Jim,
Will do.

On Fri Dec 01 14:21:16 2017, james.white2@... wrote:
[...]

Jessica Wagantall via RT <edgex-helpdesk@...>

Dear Jim,

These repos are created and the permissions are in place.

Ryan was invited to join since he is new to the organization. Once he accepts we can change his role to maintainer.

Please let us know if you have any questions/concerns.

Thanks a ton!
Jess

On Fri Dec 01 14:22:29 2017, jeremyphelps wrote:
[...]

Re: [linuxfoundation.org #49263] go repos

james.white2@dell.com via RT <edgex-helpdesk@...>

thanks Jess.
[...]

Core Working Group Reminder

James.White2@...

Reminder that the Core Working Group meeting is tomorrow at 10am CST.  Agenda and connection information available at:  https://wiki.edgexfoundry.org/display/FA/Core+Working+Group

archival / remove of EdgeX repositories

we did not have quorum on the Core Working Group call today, so I need to conduct a vote via email.  Please provide a +1 to allow the following GitHub repositories to be either archived or removed.

archive

  • docker-edgex-mongo-seed
  • docker-core-consul
  • docker-device-virtual
  • docker-core-config-seed
  • docker-support-logging
  • docker-support-scheduler
  • docker-export-distro
  • docker-core-data
  • docker-core-command
  • docker-core-metadata
  • docker-export-client
  • docker-support-notifications
  • docker-support-rulesengine

    remove
  • project-boards

These repositories where used when the initial Fuse code was brought over to create the docker containers for the micro services.  These are no longer needed as that process is now taken care of by our CI/build processes.

The project-boards repository was a test to see if we could create visible GitHub Issues via special repository.

Distinguished Engineer, Software Architect
Dell Technologies | End User Computing, Chief Technology Office (EUC CTO)

Re: [Edgex-tsc-applications] archival / remove of EdgeX repositories

Jeremy Phelps

+1

On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 10:19 AM, <James.White2@...> wrote:

All,

[...]

Re: [Edgex-tsc-core] [Edgex-tsc-applications] archival / remove of EdgeX repositories

Keith Steele

+1

On 7 December 2017 at 16:21, Jeremy Phelps <jphelps@...> wrote:
[...]

Re: [Edgex-tsc-applications] [Edgex-tsc-core] archival / remove of EdgeX repositories

Jason.A.Shepherd@...

+1

Sender : James.White2@... <James.White2@...>

Date : 2017-12-08 01:19 (GMT+9)

Title : [Edgex-tsc-core] archival / remove of EdgeX repositories

All,

[...]

DevOps Sync December 26th, 2017

Jeremy Phelps

Hi everyone,
I am cancelling the DevOps sync on December 26th 2017 due to the Holiday's.  The next sync will be on Jan. 9th, 2018.
Jeremy

EdgeX Core Working Group meeting tomorrow at 10am CST

James.White2@...

Reminder:  Core Working Group (inclusive of DS/SDK WG, Applications WG, and Test/QA WG) meets tomorrow at 10am CST.  Please see here for connection information and agenda:  https://wiki.edgexfoundry.org/display/FA/Core+Working+Group

EdgeX Foundy Working Group (Core, Appl, Test/QA, Device, DevOps) Meeting tomorrow (1/4)

James.White2@...

The first EdgeX Foundry Combo (Core, Applications, DS/SDK, TestQA) Working Group meeting of 2018 is set for tomorrow at 10am CST.

Find the agenda and conference dial-in information at:  https://wiki.edgexfoundry.org/display/FA/Core+Working+Group

Please join us if you can.

Jim White
Distinguished Engineer, Software Architect
Dell Technologies | End User Computing, Chief Technology Office (EUC CTO)

EdgeX Working Document Preference

Brett Preston

All,

As a follow-up to today's Combo (Core, Applications, DS/SDK, TestQA) WG call, please complete the survey below, indicating preferred document format for work in EdgeX Foundry:

Thank you,

Brett

--
Brett Preston