Date
Re: Docker publish conventions

Jeremy Phelps

Absolutely, sounds like a plan

On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 3:25 PM, <James.White2@...> wrote:

Dell - Internal Use - Confidential

Jeremy – do you want to do some prototyping first and see if this works well… and if so cover in next week’s core working group to get input / feedback?

Jim

From: EdgeX-TSC-DevOps@lists.edgexfoundry.org [mailto:EdgeX-TSC-DevOps@lists.edgexfoundry.org] On Behalf Of Jeremy Phelps
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2018 1:45 PM
To: Conn, Trevor
Cc: EdgeX-TSC-DevOps@lists.edgexfoundry.org
Subject: Re: [Edgex-tsc-devops] Docker publish conventions

Just thought of a way, we could template out a docker-compose file for each staging push that blackbox tests would pull in.  We could interpolate the SHA tags into it.  Will take a bit of figuring though.

On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 1:41 PM, Jeremy Phelps <jphelps@...> wrote:

I just thought of a blocker on SHA tag in staging for blackbox tests, not sure there would be a way to automate pulling those in.

On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 1:38 PM, <Trevor.Conn@...> wrote:

Works for me, and I agree "staging" should also have the SHA tag.

Once that is done I'll set up a site repo to host the docs at nexus.edgexfoundry.org

Re: Publishing docs

Jeremy Phelps

Perfect, thanks Steve.
Jeremy

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 10:56 AM, Steve Osselton <steve@...> wrote:
Hi Jeremy,

Have a look in edgex-go repository in the docs, sub directory. The build.sh script should
build the documentation (using a docker container) into the _build sub directory that is
mounted as a volume into the container. Look at build.sh, Dockerfile.build and entrypoint.sh.
You should just be able to:

cd docs
./build.sh

Should be straight forward to integrate this with CI.

Let me know of any questions, problems etc.

Cheers Steve.

Once that is done I'll set up a site repo to host the docs at nexus.edgexfoundry.org

Technical Director
IOTech Systems Ltd.

Re: Publishing docs

Steve Osselton <steve@...>

Once that is done I'll set up a site repo to host the docs at nexus.edgexfoundry.org

Technical Director
IOTech Systems Ltd.

Scheduled Maintenance on May 25th, 2018

Jeremy Phelps

HI All,
The Linux Foundation will be performing system maintenance on EdgeX Systems.

Systems Affected:

Schedule:
    Systems will be generally unavailable:
    May 25th, 2018 from 1pm - 3pm PDT

Why:
    This maintenance will include necessary upgrades for applications as well
     as system level operating system updates.

Core Working Group tomorrow at 10am CDT

Hello again everyone. A reminder that the Core working group will meet tomorrow at 10am Central time. The connection information and full agenda can be found here: https://wiki.edgexfoundry.org/display/FA/Core+Working+Group.

There is plenty to discuss tomorrow to include: working group chairman nominations, finalizing the upcoming TSC F2F agenda, a proposed revision around reviewing and accepting code PRs, and a new export service design idea for Delhi. Hope you can join us.

Jim White

Distinguished Engineer, IoT Platform Development Team Lead

DevOps WG voter list

James.White2@...

Members and followers of the EdgeX Foundry DevOps Working Group,

We are entering into the TSC election process.  As such, we need to prepare and present our contributors voting roster to the community in preparation for elections.  The list below contains the names of our current DevOps working group contributors who have voting rights to help elect the next WG chairperson. “Contributors” under the charter of EdgeX includes contributors of code as well as documentation and other artifacts.  Based on the current EdgeX GitHub and Wiki site, the following people are currently listed as contributors to the DevOps working group area:

DevOps WG

Contribution Repos

Other Rationale

Andrew Grimberg

ci-management

chadyoungdell

developer-scripts

chencho, sergio.munoz

developer-scripts

Federico Claramonte

developer-scripts

Huaqiao Zhang

developer-scripts

Jeremy Phelps

ci-management

Jim White

developer-scripts

Konrad Zapalowicz

developer-scripts

steve osselton

docker-edgex-mongo

Thanh Ha

ci-management

Trevor Conn

developer-scripts

Tyler Cox

developer-scripts

YANG YOU SUNG

developer-scripts

If you feel you should also have voting rights in this working group and do not find your name on the list above, please respond to this message with an indication of your contribution that you believe applies prior to  June 4th.  The schedule for TSC nominations and elections is below.

·         Now - Monday, June 4: Establish list of Contributors, WG Chair Nominations and Voting

·         Friday, June 1 - Friday, June 8: TSC At-large Nominations

·         Monday, June 4: WG Chairs for new term named

·         Tuesday, June 5 - Wednesday, June 6: TSC F2F Meeting (Palo Alto)

·         Friday, June 8 - Friday, June 15: TSC At-large Elections

·         Monday, June 18 - Friday, June 22: TSC Chair Nominations

·         Sunday, June 24: End of current TSC term

·         Monday, June 25: 1st day of new TSC

·         Monday, June 25 - Friday, June 29: TSC Chair Voting

Jim White

Distinguished Engineer, IoT Platform Development Team Lead

Re: [Edgex-devel] Scheduled Maintenance on May 25th, 2018

Jeremy Phelps

Hi All,
Just a reminder that this maintenance is scheduled to happen today at 1pm-3pm PDT.
Jeremy