Date
Upcoming Event: EdgeX Device and Device SDK WG Meeting (Weekly) - Mon, 10/14/2019 9:00am-10:00am, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

EdgeX-TSC-Device-Services@lists.edgexfoundry.org Calendar <EdgeX-TSC-Device-Services@...>

Reminder: EdgeX Device and Device SDK WG Meeting (Weekly)

When: Monday, 14 October 2019, 9:00am to 10:00am, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:https://zoom.us/j/314411765

Organizer: EdgeX-TSC-Device-Services@...

Meeting Lead: Iain Anderson, Device and Device SDK WG Chair, iain@...
-----Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/314411765

Or iPhone one-tap :
    US: +16699006833,,314411765# or +16465588656,,314411765#
Or Telephone:
        US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free) or +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free)
    Meeting ID: 314 411 765
    International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/dYf323vjV

Device SDK Versioning

Rashidi-ranjbar, Lisa A

Hi All,

At the EdgeX pre-wire meeting yesterday it was identified that the versioning for Device SDKs needed to be talked about. (Seems like help is needed here)

As we start this discussion I would to remind that over at DevOps we are working towards standardizing our build and release processes.

As a part of this standardization in June the DevOps WG got TSC approval for a standard versioning scheme that is flexible for the project.

This scheme does take into account the fact that Device and App services and SDKs release on their own cadence.

Please review the versioning scheme prior to the discussion about the device SDK versions.

The versioning scheme is outlined on the EdgeX wiki here:

https://wiki.edgexfoundry.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=21823969

DevOps is currently rolling out this versioning scheme as we transition the CI/CD framework to Jenkins pipelines. For the Device SDKs this will happen during the Geneva development cycle after the Fuji release.

Thanks,

Lisa

Upcoming Event: EdgeX Device and Device SDK WG Meeting (Weekly) - Mon, 10/07/2019 8:00am-9:00am, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

EdgeX-TSC-Device-Services@lists.edgexfoundry.org Calendar <EdgeX-TSC-Device-Services@...>

Reminder: EdgeX Device and Device SDK WG Meeting (Weekly)

When: Monday, 7 October 2019, 8:00am to 9:00am, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:https://zoom.us/j/314411765

Organizer: EdgeX-TSC-Device-Services@...

Meeting Lead: Iain Anderson, Device and Device SDK WG Chair, iain@...
-----Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/314411765

Or iPhone one-tap :
    US: +16699006833,,314411765# or +16465588656,,314411765#
Or Telephone:
        US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free) or +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free)
    Meeting ID: 314 411 765
    International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/dYf323vjV

Maste thesis + Contributing

Athanasios Chamalidis <A.Chamalidis@...>

Hello,

My name is Chamalidis Athanasios. I am master student in "Hardware & Software Integrated Systems", of depart "Electrical & Computer Engineering", University of Patras, Greece.
I m trying to find a subject for my thesis, and i m interesting to be something that involve the EdgeXFoundry Platform. I saw from working groups link (https://wiki.edgexfoundry.org/display/FA/Device+Services+-+existing+and+work+underway) some devices services that are in development like Bluetooth Low Energy (Go and C ), Zigbee(C), GPS(C) etc.
I would like to ask if there is space for finding a subject in these development services or some new services that you are  planning.

Thank you very much,
Chamalidis Athanasios

Απαλλαγμένο από ιούς. www.avast.com

Re: Participate to Development Services + Thesis Subject

Michael Hall <mhall119@...>

Hi Chamalidis,

Are you asking if you can work on one of these device services for your thesis work? If so, we would certainly welcome that as a contribution, and I encourage you to join the Device Services calls (Mondays at 11am US/Eastern) as well as the #device-services channel in our Slack chat to discuss with the rest of the development team what you want to work on, and get help and guidance from them.

Michael Hall
mhall119@...
On 9/29/19 2:10 PM, Athanasios Chamalidis wrote:

Hello,

My name is Chamalidis Athanasios. I am master student in "Hardware & Software Integrated Systems", of depart "Electrical & Computer Engineering", University of Patras, Greece.
I m trying to find a subject for my thesis, and i m interesting to be something that involve the EdgeXFoundry Platform. I saw from working groups link (https://wiki.edgexfoundry.org/display/FA/Device+Services+-+existing+and+work+underway) some devices services that are in development like Bluetooth Low Energy (Go and C ), Zigbee(C), GPS(C) etc.
I would like to ask if there is space for finding a subject in these development services or some new services that planning.

Thank you very much,
Chamalidis Athanasios

Απαλλαγμένο από ιούς. www.avast.com

Upcoming Event: EdgeX Device and Device SDK WG Meeting (Weekly) - Mon, 09/30/2019 8:00am-9:00am, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

EdgeX-TSC-Device-Services@lists.edgexfoundry.org Calendar <EdgeX-TSC-Device-Services@...>

Reminder: EdgeX Device and Device SDK WG Meeting (Weekly)

When: Monday, 30 September 2019, 8:00am to 9:00am, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Meeting Lead: Steve Osselton, Device and Device SDK WG Chair, steve@...
[...]

Upcoming Event: EdgeX Device and Device SDK WG Meeting (Weekly) - Mon, 09/23/2019 8:00am-9:00am, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

EdgeX-TSC-Device-Services@lists.edgexfoundry.org Calendar <EdgeX-TSC-Device-Services@...>

Reminder: EdgeX Device and Device SDK WG Meeting (Weekly)

When: Monday, 23 September 2019, 8:00am to 9:00am, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:https://zoom.us/j/314411765

Organizer: EdgeX-TSC-Device-Services@...

Meeting Lead: Steve Osselton, Device and Device SDK WG Chair, steve@...
-----Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/314411765

Or iPhone one-tap :
    US: +16699006833,,314411765# or +16465588656,,314411765#
Or Telephone:
        US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free) or +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free)
    Meeting ID: 314 411 765
    International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/dYf323vjV

Re: [Edgex-tsc-QA-Test] Common Device Service Test Cases in Robot file

Ranganathan, Ramya <ramya.ranganathan@...>

Awesome news!