Topics

[EXTERNAL] Re: [Edgex-tsc-security] New Device Services & SDK Requirements document (v5)

Dellabianca, Alberto

+1

From: edgex-tsc-security-bounces@... [mailto:edgex-tsc-security-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Steve Osselton
Sent: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 6:03 AM
To: Drasko DRASKOVIC <drasko@...>
Cc: edgex-devel@...; edgex-tsc-core@...; edgex-tsc-device-services@...; edgex-tsc-security@...
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [Edgex-tsc-security] New Device Services & SDK Requirements document (v5)

Hi Drasco,

Agree that this is the sort of representation that we should be looking at using.

Cheers Steve

On 6 March 2018 at 11:17, Drasko DRASKOVIC <drasko@...> wrote:

Hi Tony,
in your doc I can see that query commands sometime return strings:
{"AnalogValue_40":"183.92999267578125"}

This is simple, and of course make sense, just that ints, floats and
bools are all represented by strings and I guess that make messages
longer. It's not an issue now, but in the future, we might think about
constrained and battery-powered devices which send messages over
LPWAN, potentially aggregate several sensor readings and then send
them all at once (this is typical mode of operation).

IETF is trying to define semantics for sensor network JSON and CBOR
mesages through SenML standard:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-senml-13

SenML is describing the type of the value, and can shorten the
aggregated messages. I think it is worth looking at.

www.mainflux.com   |  Industrial IoT Cloud
Engineering Division |   Paris, France

On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 2:01 AM, espy <espy@...> wrote:
> Attached please find the latest Device Services & SDK Requirements document
> (v5) for the California release of EdgeX Foundry.
>
> Thanks for those of you that provided feedback on the previous version!
>
> The following areas of the document have been clarified or updated:
>
>  * Query commands:
>    - mention that readings are triggered whenever a successful query command
> is processed
>    - clarify which Query GET handlers are required
>
>  * Data transformation - new section
>
>  * Actuation commands - clarified how command arguments are passed
>
>  * operatingState - clarified how device operatingStates are handled
>
>  * Security - new section
>
>  * Appendix A - Settings: minor cleanup
>
> There still is some remaining work to flesh out the logging, scheduling, and
> metadata updates sections.
>
> Please review and send my comments my way.
>
> Regards,
> /tony

Technical Director

IOTech Systems Ltd.