Re: Prototype- Blackbox test of Device-Virtual with Robot Framework
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Cloud and team – good work to start this. Couple of questions/comments…
- “It hasn't been applied the taf structure” – what does this mean?
- “The plan is to use robot file to define the spec (test cases) for all the services” – so we would get rid of the current blackbox tests long run?? Is this work that each work group
needs to do or be involved in? Would the goal be for all services by Geneva or which release is the target?
- Any idea of how long it takes to run Robot tests verses postman tests? Just a general idea of whether it takes more or less time to run tests?
- I assume the device test suite (which you show against the device virtual on slide 4) would be set up for each device service?? How or would the Robot tests be setup to test each
new device service? Do we need a separate test suite for each device service or would this be the same suite for all device services? How would that work/look?
- While you say that people (users) writing the tests don’t really have to know how to program to write test cases (you summary slide), it would seem that they will need a developer
to write the resource.robot as that is pretty detailed to the API and all the parameters, etc. and I think it would require the developer to write this – correct?
On Behalf Of
Thursday, August 8, 2019 2:31 AM
edgex-tsc-qa-test@...; edgex-tsc-device-services@...; EdgeX-TSC-Certification@...
[Edgex-tsc-QA-Test] Prototype- Blackbox test of Device-Virtual with Robot Framework
We made a prototype of blackbox test of device-virtual using Robot. Please help take a look whether it is appropriate. I plan to present the attached slide in the next Certification working group meeting. It hasn't been applied the taf
structure, but it is runnable with the standard Robot framework.
Join EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@lists.edgexfoundry.org to automatically receive all group messages.