Date
Cancelled Event: EdgeX TSC DevOps and QA/Test WG Meeting (Weekly) #cal-cancelled

EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@lists.edgexfoundry.org Calendar <EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@...>

Cancelled: EdgeX TSC DevOps and QA/Test WG Meeting (Weekly)

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Thursday, 17 January 2019
7:00am to 8:00am
(GMT-08:00) America/Los Angeles
Repeats: Weekly on Thursday

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/967227826

Organizer:
EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@...

EdgeX TSC DevOps and QA/Test WG Meeting. Meeting content posted to QA/Test Wiki.
Meeting Lead: Andy Foster, EdgeX QA/Test WG Chair, andy@...
-----
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/967227826

Or iPhone one-tap :
    US: +16465588656,,967227826# or +16699006833,,967227826#
Or Telephone:
    International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/bmaYSxofb

Cancelled Event: EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing - Thursday, 6 June 2019 #cal-cancelled

EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@lists.edgexfoundry.org Calendar <EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@...>

Cancelled: EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Thursday, 6 June 2019
4:00pm to 5:00pm
(GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/635232828

Organizer:
EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@...

EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing meeting. Meeting content posted to QA/Test Wiki.
Meeting Lead: Andy Foster, EdgeX QA/Test WG Chair, andy@...
-----Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/635232828

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,635232828# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,635232828# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 855 880 1246 US Toll-free
        +1 877 369 0926 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 635 232 828
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abzs1KyOkW

Upcoming Event: EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing - Thu, 06/13/2019 4:00pm-5:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@lists.edgexfoundry.org Calendar <EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@...>

Reminder: EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing

When: Thursday, 13 June 2019, 4:00pm to 5:00pm, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:https://zoom.us/j/635232828

Organizer: EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@...

Meeting Lead: Andy Foster, EdgeX QA/Test WG Chair, andy@...
-----Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/635232828

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,635232828# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,635232828# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 855 880 1246 US Toll-free
        +1 877 369 0926 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 635 232 828
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abzs1KyOkW

Upcoming Event: EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing - Thu, 06/20/2019 4:00pm-5:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@lists.edgexfoundry.org Calendar <EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@...>

Reminder: EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing

When: Thursday, 20 June 2019, 4:00pm to 5:00pm, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:https://zoom.us/j/635232828

Organizer: EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@...

Meeting Lead: Andy Foster, EdgeX QA/Test WG Chair, andy@...
-----Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/635232828

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,635232828# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,635232828# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 855 880 1246 US Toll-free
        +1 877 369 0926 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 635 232 828
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abzs1KyOkW

Upcoming Event: EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing - Thu, 06/27/2019 4:00pm-5:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@lists.edgexfoundry.org Calendar <EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@...>

Reminder: EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing

When: Thursday, 27 June 2019, 4:00pm to 5:00pm, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:https://zoom.us/j/635232828

Organizer: EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@...

Meeting Lead: Andy Foster, EdgeX QA/Test WG Chair, andy@...
-----Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/635232828

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,635232828# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,635232828# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 855 880 1246 US Toll-free
        +1 877 369 0926 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 635 232 828
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abzs1KyOkW

Cancelled Event: EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing - Thursday, 4 July 2019 #cal-cancelled

EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@lists.edgexfoundry.org Calendar <EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@...>

Cancelled: EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Thursday, 4 July 2019
4:00pm to 5:00pm
(UTC-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/635232828

Organizer:
EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@...

EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing meeting. Meeting content posted to QA/Test Wiki.
Meeting Lead: Andy Foster, EdgeX QA/Test WG Chair, andy@...
-----Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/635232828

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,635232828# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,635232828# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 855 880 1246 US Toll-free
        +1 877 369 0926 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 635 232 828
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abzs1KyOkW

Upcoming Event: EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing - Thu, 07/11/2019 4:00pm-5:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@lists.edgexfoundry.org Calendar <EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@...>

Reminder: EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing

When: Thursday, 11 July 2019, 4:00pm to 5:00pm, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:https://zoom.us/j/635232828

Organizer: EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@...

Meeting Lead: Andy Foster, EdgeX QA/Test WG Chair, andy@...
-----Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/635232828

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,635232828# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,635232828# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 855 880 1246 US Toll-free
        +1 877 369 0926 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 635 232 828
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abzs1KyOkW

Upcoming Event: EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing - Thu, 07/18/2019 4:00pm-5:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@lists.edgexfoundry.org Calendar <EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@...>

Reminder: EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing

When: Thursday, 18 July 2019, 4:00pm to 5:00pm, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:https://zoom.us/j/635232828

Organizer: EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@...

Meeting Lead: Andy Foster, EdgeX QA/Test WG Chair, andy@...
-----Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/635232828

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,635232828# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,635232828# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 855 880 1246 US Toll-free
        +1 877 369 0926 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 635 232 828
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abzs1KyOkW

Cancelled Event: EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing - Thursday, 25 July 2019 #cal-cancelled

EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@lists.edgexfoundry.org Calendar <EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@...>

Cancelled: EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Thursday, 25 July 2019
4:00pm to 5:00pm
(UTC-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/635232828

Organizer:
EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@...

EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing meeting. Meeting content posted to QA/Test Wiki.
Meeting Lead: Andy Foster, EdgeX QA/Test WG Chair, andy@...
-----Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/635232828

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,635232828# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,635232828# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 855 880 1246 US Toll-free
        +1 877 369 0926 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 635 232 828
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abzs1KyOkW

QA / Test WG Meeting this week

Andrew Foster

Folks,

We have a lot of people out this week, in particular on the IOTech side so we’re going to cancel the QA/Test WG meeting this week (24th, 4pm PST). However, there is a lot of QA/Test work going on in the background so please continue to share related discussions/updates by email and on Slack.

Regards,

Andy (on behalf of Robin)

Product Director

Tel: +44 (0)7703 006 379

QA / Test WG Meeting this week

Andrew Foster

Folks,

We still have a lot of people out this week and the logistics of hosting the meeting are proving problematic, so we're going to cancel the QA/Test WG meeting this week (August 1st, 4pm PST).

Please continue to share related discussions/updates by email and on Slack and we'll plan start the regular meetings again next week (August 8th).

Regards,

Andy (on behalf of Robin)

Cancelled Event: EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing - Thursday, 1 August 2019 #cal-cancelled

EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@lists.edgexfoundry.org Calendar <EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@...>

Cancelled: EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Thursday, 1 August 2019
4:00pm to 5:00pm
(UTC-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/635232828

Organizer:
EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@...

EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing meeting. Meeting content posted to QA/Test Wiki.
Meeting Lead: Andy Foster, EdgeX QA/Test WG Chair, andy@...
-----Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/635232828

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,635232828# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,635232828# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 855 880 1246 US Toll-free
        +1 877 369 0926 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 635 232 828
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abzs1KyOkW

Prototype- Blackbox test of Device-Virtual with Robot Framework

Cloud Tsai

Hi all,

We made a prototype of blackbox test of device-virtual using Robot.  Please help take a look whether it is appropriate.  I plan to present the attached slide in the next Certification working group meeting.  It hasn't been applied the taf structure, but it is runnable with the standard Robot framework.
https://github.com/FelixTing/Playground_RobotFramework

The plan is to use robot file to define the spec (test cases) for all the services, and the test report is easy to understand by all kinds of users.

Cloud Tsai

Re: Prototype- Blackbox test of Device-Virtual with Robot Framework

James.White2@...

Cloud and team – good work to start this.  Couple of questions/comments…

  • “It hasn't been applied the taf structure” – what does this mean?
  • “The plan is to use robot file to define the spec (test cases) for all the services” – so we would get rid of the current blackbox tests long run??  Is this work that each work group needs to do or be involved in?  Would the goal be for all services by Geneva or which release is the target?
  • Any idea of how long it takes to run Robot tests verses postman tests?  Just a general idea of whether it takes more or less time to run tests?
  • I assume the device test suite (which you show against the device virtual on slide 4) would be set up for each device service??  How or would the Robot tests be setup to test each new device service?  Do we need a separate test suite for each device service or would this be the same suite for all device services?  How would that work/look?
  • While you say that people (users) writing the tests don’t really have to know how to program to write test cases (you summary slide), it would seem that they will need a developer to write the resource.robot as that is pretty detailed to the API and all the parameters, etc. and I think it would require the developer to write this – correct?

jim

We made a prototype of blackbox test of device-virtual using Robot.  Please help take a look whether it is appropriate.  I plan to present the attached slide in the next Certification working group meeting.  It hasn't been applied the taf structure, but it is runnable with the standard Robot framework.

https://github.com/FelixTing/Playground_RobotFramework

The plan is to use robot file to define the spec (test cases) for all the services, and the test report is easy to understand by all kinds of users.

Cloud Tsai

Re: Prototype- Blackbox test of Device-Virtual with Robot Framework

Cloud Tsai

Hi Jim,  Sorry for the unclear description.  Here is the further explanation.

  • “It hasn't been applied the taf structure” – what does this mean?
    TAF stands for Test Automation Framework contributed by Intel team.  It is based on Robot and defines a good file and folder structure, util libraries, and naming convention.  Intel will help present in the QA WG meeting.
    https://github.com/edgexfoundry-holding/edgex-taf
    https://github.com/edgexfoundry-holding/edgex-taf-common
  • “The plan is to use robot file to define the spec (test cases) for all the services” – so we would get rid of the current blackbox tests long run??  Is this work that each work group needs to do or be involved in?  Would the goal be for all services by Geneva or which release is the target?
    We won't get rid of the current blackbox tests soon.
    It should be a gradually process, and follow the pace of certification work.  We need a place clearly define the spec.  Thus, it would start from Device Service.  Yes, we will need the help from each working group to define or review the spec in Robot files.
  • Any idea of how long it takes to run Robot tests verses postman tests?  Just a general idea of whether it takes more or less time to run tests?
    The duration of running the test does not depend on the test framework, but the complexity of test cases.  The tests of postman are all simple API test, so it would be quicker.  The tests in system integration level would take longer time, but in API level should be similar.
  • I assume the device test suite (which you show against the device virtual on slide 4) would be set up for each device service??  How or would the Robot tests be setup to test each new device service?  Do we need a separate test suite for each device service or would this be the same suite for all device services?  How would that work/look?
    This needs further discussion, and applying TAF might help achieve that.
  • While you say that people (users) writing the tests don’t really have to know how to program to write test cases (you summary slide), it would seem that they will need a developer to write the resource.robot as that is pretty detailed to the API and all the parameters, etc. and I think it would require the developer to write this – correct?
    That's the goal, but we are still figuring out how to make it easier.

On Thu, 8 Aug 2019 at 22:29, <James.White2@...> wrote:

[...]

Re: [Edgex-tsc-device-services] Prototype- Blackbox test of Device-Virtual with Robot Framework

Goodell, Leonard

Hi Cloud,

  Great start!! I think you should also point out that all developers running/creating tests (that’s all of us 😊 ) will be required to install the robot tool chain outlined in the prerequisites here: https://github.com/FelixTing/Playground_RobotFramework/blob/master/README.md

Thanks!

   Lenny

We made a prototype of blackbox test of device-virtual using Robot.  Please help take a look whether it is appropriate.  I plan to present the attached slide in the next Certification working group meeting.  It hasn't been applied the taf structure, but it is runnable with the standard Robot framework.

https://github.com/FelixTing/Playground_RobotFramework

The plan is to use robot file to define the spec (test cases) for all the services, and the test report is easy to understand by all kinds of users.

Cloud Tsai

Re: [Edgex-tsc-device-services] Prototype- Blackbox test of Device-Virtual with Robot Framework

Cloud Tsai

Thanks for the feedback, Lenny and Jim,

I thought we could put "how to run" aside for now, and focus on whether we could define the spec in Robot file.
I believe we still need to make some development in test script to achieve the complex scenario, not only resource.robot, but also some Python script.

On Fri, 9 Aug 2019 at 00:19, Goodell, Leonard <leonard.goodell@...> wrote:

[...]

Re: [EdgeX-tsc-certification] [Edgex-tsc-QA-Test] [Edgex-tsc-device-services] Prototype- Blackbox test of Device-Virtual with Robot Framework

Rodney

While scanning through the log and report files found in Playground_RobotFramework I stumbled across this:

/*
    Copyright 2008-2013
        Matthias Ehmann,
        Michael Gerhaeuser,
        Carsten Miller,
        Bianca Valentin,
        Alfred Wassermann,
        Peter Wilfahrt
    Dual licensed under the Apache License Version 2.0, or LGPL Version 3 licenses.
    You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public License
    along with JSXCompressor.  If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
    You should have received a copy of the Apache License along with JSXCompressor.
    If not, see <http://www.apache.org/licenses/>.
*/

Were you aware of these?

~Rodney

On Aug 8, 2019, at 12:39, Cloud Tsai <cloud@...> wrote:

[...]

Upcoming Event: EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing - Thu, 08/08/2019 4:00pm-5:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@lists.edgexfoundry.org Calendar <EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@...>

Reminder: EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing

When: Thursday, 8 August 2019, 4:00pm to 5:00pm, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:https://zoom.us/j/635232828

Organizer: EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@...

Meeting Lead: Andy Foster, EdgeX QA/Test WG Chair, andy@...
-----Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/635232828

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,635232828# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,635232828# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 855 880 1246 US Toll-free
        +1 877 369 0926 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 635 232 828
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abzs1KyOkW

EdgeX Foundry v1.0.1 Performance Summary

Cloud Tsai

Hi all,

We collected the performance summary on Raspberry Pi and Dell Gateway 3000 as attached.  It includes the test with security services and Redis.
Thanks for the suggestion from Robin, I've added some remark on the end to end exported time table.  Hope it becomes clearer.
Here are some notes for the report:
  1. For the start up time, Mongo is shorter than Redis.  With security, there are more services, so the start up time is increased.
  2. For the end to end exported, Redis is quicker than Mongo.
  3. We haven't included the resource usage of Redis.
  4. Opened a bug for core-data with Redis  https://github.com/edgexfoundry/edgex-go/issues/1643
    That's why some of the end to end exported time is N/A.
  5. Kong image is unavailable for ARM64, so we don't collect the result with security on Raspberry Pi
We can discuss more on QA WG meeting.

Cloud Tsai