Date

blackbox test release tag and schedule change

Cloud Tsai

Hi DevOps team,

I would like to give you guys a head up about what we plan to do for the release in blackbox test repositories and ask for the opinions.

I thought the concept should be the same as the modules, because we only need a tag.
After the Geneva images are released and we create the Geneva docker-compose file in developer-scripts, QA team will do the following actions:
  1. Add the Jenkinsfile into the blackbox test repositories: https://github.com/edgexfoundry/blackbox-testing and https://github.com/edgexfoundry/edgex-taf
  2. Change the sync and deployment script to test against the official release images.
  3. Confirm all the test cases are passed.
  4. Open a PR in cd-management to tag the release.
  5. Change  the sync and deployment script back to test against the master staged images.
Also, since the staged images build will be automatically triggered when each PR is merged, the schedule of blackbox daily run would not need to follow the image build time now.  I would like to modify the  blackbox daily run schedule to our morning (around 9 AM Taipei time, and it's 12 PM now).
We just need your help for PR review.  Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.  Thanks.

Cloud Tsai

EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing - Tue, 05/05/2020 #cal-notice

EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@lists.edgexfoundry.org Calendar <noreply@...>

EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing

When:
Tuesday, 5 May 2020
4:00pm to 5:00pm
(GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/635232828

Organizer:
EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@...

EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing meeting. Meeting content posted to QA/Test Wiki.
Meeting Lead: Robin Chatterjee, EdgeX QA/Test WG Chair, robin@...
-----Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/635232828

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,635232828# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,635232828# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 855 880 1246 US Toll-free
        +1 877 369 0926 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 635 232 828
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abzs1KyOkW

Upcoming Event: EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing - Tue, 05/05/2020 4:00pm-5:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@lists.edgexfoundry.org Calendar <EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@...>

Reminder: EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing

When: Tuesday, 5 May 2020, 4:00pm to 5:00pm, (GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:https://zoom.us/j/635232828

Organizer: EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@...

Meeting Lead: Robin Chatterjee, EdgeX QA/Test WG Chair, robin@...
-----Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/635232828

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,635232828# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,635232828# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 855 880 1246 US Toll-free
        +1 877 369 0926 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 635 232 828
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abzs1KyOkW

Cancelled Event: EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing - Tuesday, 28 April 2020 #cal-cancelled

EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@lists.edgexfoundry.org Calendar <EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@...>

Cancelled: EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Tuesday, 28 April 2020
4:00pm to 5:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/635232828

Organizer: EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@...

EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing meeting. Meeting content posted to QA/Test Wiki.
Meeting Lead: Robin Chatterjee, EdgeX QA/Test WG Chair, robin@...
-----Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/635232828

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,635232828# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,635232828# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 855 880 1246 US Toll-free
        +1 877 369 0926 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 635 232 828
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abzs1KyOkW

EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing - Tue, 04/21/2020 #cal-notice

EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@lists.edgexfoundry.org Calendar <noreply@...>

EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing

When:
Tuesday, 21 April 2020
4:00pm to 5:00pm
(GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/635232828

Organizer:
EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@...

EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing meeting. Meeting content posted to QA/Test Wiki.
Meeting Lead: Robin Chatterjee, EdgeX QA/Test WG Chair, robin@...
-----Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/635232828

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,635232828# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,635232828# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 855 880 1246 US Toll-free
        +1 877 369 0926 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 635 232 828
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abzs1KyOkW

Upcoming Event: EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing - Tue, 04/21/2020 4:00pm-5:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@lists.edgexfoundry.org Calendar <EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@...>

Reminder: EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing

When: Tuesday, 21 April 2020, 4:00pm to 5:00pm, (GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:https://zoom.us/j/635232828

Organizer: EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@...

Meeting Lead: Robin Chatterjee, EdgeX QA/Test WG Chair, robin@...
-----Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/635232828

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,635232828# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,635232828# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 855 880 1246 US Toll-free
        +1 877 369 0926 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 635 232 828
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abzs1KyOkW

EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing - Tue, 04/14/2020 #cal-notice

EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@lists.edgexfoundry.org Calendar <noreply@...>

EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing

When:
Tuesday, 14 April 2020
4:00pm to 5:00pm
(GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/635232828

Organizer:
EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@...

EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing meeting. Meeting content posted to QA/Test Wiki.
Meeting Lead: Robin Chatterjee, EdgeX QA/Test WG Chair, robin@...
-----Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/635232828

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,635232828# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,635232828# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 855 880 1246 US Toll-free
        +1 877 369 0926 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 635 232 828
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abzs1KyOkW

Upcoming Event: EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing - Tue, 04/14/2020 4:00pm-5:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@lists.edgexfoundry.org Calendar <EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@...>

Reminder: EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing

When: Tuesday, 14 April 2020, 4:00pm to 5:00pm, (GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:https://zoom.us/j/635232828

Organizer: EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@...

Meeting Lead: Robin Chatterjee, EdgeX QA/Test WG Chair, robin@...
-----Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/635232828

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,635232828# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,635232828# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 855 880 1246 US Toll-free
        +1 877 369 0926 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 635 232 828
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abzs1KyOkW

Updated Event: EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing #cal-invite

EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@lists.edgexfoundry.org Calendar <EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@...>

EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing

When:
Tuesday, 14 April 2020
4:00pm to 5:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC
Repeats: Weekly on Tuesday

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/635232828

Organizer: EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@...

EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing meeting. Meeting content posted to QA/Test Wiki.
Meeting Lead: Robin Chatterjee, EdgeX QA/Test WG Chair, robin@...
-----Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/635232828

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,635232828# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,635232828# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 855 880 1246 US Toll-free
        +1 877 369 0926 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 635 232 828
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abzs1KyOkW

EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing - Tue, 04/07/2020 #cal-notice

EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@lists.edgexfoundry.org Calendar <noreply@...>

EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing

When:
Tuesday, 7 April 2020
9:00am to 10:00am
(GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/635232828

Organizer:
EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@...

EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing meeting. Meeting content posted to QA/Test Wiki.
Meeting Lead: Robin Chatterjee, EdgeX QA/Test WG Chair, robin@...
-----Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/635232828

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,635232828# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,635232828# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 855 880 1246 US Toll-free
        +1 877 369 0926 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 635 232 828
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abzs1KyOkW

Upcoming Event: EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing - Tue, 04/07/2020 9:00am-10:00am, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

[...]

(UTC-07:00) America/Los Angeles
Repeats: Weekly on Tuesday

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/635232828

Organizer: EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@...

EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing meeting. Meeting content posted to QA/Test Wiki.
Meeting Lead: Robin Chatterjee, EdgeX QA/Test WG Chair, robin@...
-----Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/635232828

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,635232828# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,635232828# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 855 880 1246 US Toll-free
        +1 877 369 0926 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 635 232 828
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abzs1KyOkW

Cancelled Event: EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing - Tuesday, 31 March 2020 #cal-cancelled

EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@lists.edgexfoundry.org Calendar <EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@...>

Cancelled: EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Tuesday, 31 March 2020 11:00pm to
Wednesday, 1 April 2020 12:00am
(UTC+01:00) Europe/London

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/635232828

Organizer: EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@...

EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing meeting. Meeting content posted to QA/Test Wiki.
Meeting Lead: Robin Chatterjee, EdgeX QA/Test WG Chair, robin@...
-----Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/635232828

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,635232828# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,635232828# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 855 880 1246 US Toll-free
        +1 877 369 0926 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 635 232 828
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abzs1KyOkW

EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing - Tue, 03/24/2020 #cal-notice

EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@lists.edgexfoundry.org Calendar <noreply@...>

EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing

When:
Tuesday, 24 March 2020 11:00pm to
Wednesday, 25 March 2020 12:00am
(GMT+00:00) Europe/London

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/635232828

Organizer:
EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@...

EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing meeting. Meeting content posted to QA/Test Wiki.
Meeting Lead: Robin Chatterjee, EdgeX QA/Test WG Chair, robin@...
-----Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/635232828

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,635232828# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,635232828# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 855 880 1246 US Toll-free
        +1 877 369 0926 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 635 232 828
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abzs1KyOkW

Upcoming Event: EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing - Tue, 03/24/2020 11:00pm to Wed, 03/25/2020 12:00am, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@lists.edgexfoundry.org Calendar <EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@...>

Reminder: EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing

When: Tuesday, 24 March 2020, 11:00pm to Wednesday, 25 March 2020, 12:00am (GMT+00:00) Europe/London

Where:https://zoom.us/j/635232828

Organizer: EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@...

Meeting Lead: Robin Chatterjee, EdgeX QA/Test WG Chair, robin@...
-----Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/635232828

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,635232828# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,635232828# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 855 880 1246 US Toll-free
        +1 877 369 0926 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 635 232 828
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abzs1KyOkW

EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing - Tue, 03/17/2020 #cal-notice

EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@lists.edgexfoundry.org Calendar <noreply@...>

EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing

When:
Tuesday, 17 March 2020 11:00pm to
Wednesday, 18 March 2020 12:00am
(GMT+00:00) Europe/London

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/635232828

Organizer:
EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@...

EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing meeting. Meeting content posted to QA/Test Wiki.
Meeting Lead: Robin Chatterjee, EdgeX QA/Test WG Chair, robin@...
-----Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/635232828

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,635232828# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,635232828# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 855 880 1246 US Toll-free
        +1 877 369 0926 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 635 232 828
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abzs1KyOkW

Upcoming Event: EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing - Tue, 03/17/2020 11:00pm to Wed, 03/18/2020 12:00am, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@lists.edgexfoundry.org Calendar <EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@...>

Reminder: EdgeX QA/Test WG: Validation/Testing

When: Tuesday, 17 March 2020, 11:00pm to Wednesday, 18 March 2020, 12:00am (GMT+00:00) Europe/London

Where:https://zoom.us/j/635232828

Organizer: EdgeX-TSC-QA-Test@...

Meeting Lead: Robin Chatterjee, EdgeX QA/Test WG Chair, robin@...
-----Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/635232828

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,635232828# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,635232828# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 855 880 1246 US Toll-free
        +1 877 369 0926 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 635 232 828
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abzs1KyOkW

Re: [Edgex-tsc-devops] Blackbox Tests are not Running

Malini Bhandaru

Diana could this stem from the MongoDB start  up script change?

---
Sent from Workspace ONE Boxer

On March 12, 2020 at 2:34:02 AM PDT, Cloud Tsai via Lists.Edgexfoundry.Org <cloud=iotechsys.com@...> wrote:
Hi all,

Eric is right.  We broke the test this week because of the JJB change for running test against both Mongo and Redis.  Although the test has been broken since three weeks ago, the reasons are different in the past three weeks.  We have resolved them one by one.
Let me summarise the current situation:
After the JJB correction PR was merged yesterday, the blackbox test can work now.

Although you would see some red ball, the test report can be viewed inside.
image.png
Only Mongo without security is failed, but you can still click into DATABASE=redis to see the test report.
image.png

The issue of Mongo without security has been opened, and it looks like the database authentication failed:

By the way, Mongo with security test can pass all the test cases.
Also, since there is no Redis security enabled docker-compose file right now, the security test simply run Mongo with security twice although the report said it is Redis.

In addition, we opened a ticket about Jenkins nodes are running multiple jobs at the same time instead of in queue recently.  It would also easily cause errors.
image.png
image.png

On Thu, 12 Mar 2020 at 03:10, Eric Ball <eball@...> wrote:
The job history was deleted during the move from Freestyle jobs to Matrix jobs. The test team should be aware of this.

Regarding that git error in build 2, I have no idea what happened there. But I kicked off another build, and it's working fine. It looks like there's a problem with the Allure report that's causing the builds to be marked unstable, so the test team should probably take a look at that, but otherwise, the builds seem to be working as expected now. There was another change to these jobs merged in earlier this morning, so it seems the test team is still trying to get the matrix jobs just right.

As for that weird 403 error on the config page, that's just a crumb error. Reloading the page should fix it. I'm not seeing any error there.

On Wed, Mar 11, 2020 at 9:08 AM Gregg, James R <james.r.gregg@...> wrote:

DevOps hasn’t owned any of this blackbox testing work.

~ James Gregg