From: <EdgeX-TSC-Security@...> on behalf of Benjamin Cabé <benjamin.cabe@...>
Date: Wednesday, October 17, 2018 at 2:31 AM
To: "edgex-tsc-security@..." <edgex-tsc-security@...>
Subject: Re: [Edgex-tsc-security] Potential security issues with EdgeX

FWIW reporting security vulnerabilities on a *public* mailing list certainly sounds like a security anti-pattern as well…

On 17 Oct 2018, at 01:17, Alexandre Courouble <acourouble@...> wrote:

Hello,

Gosec (https://github.com/securego/gosec)  is a tool that parses the source code and looks for security anti-patterns.

We ran gosec against the EdgeX-go source code and uncovered a series of potential vulnerabilities including but not limited to:

  • Blacklisted import crypto/sha1: weak cryptographic primitive
  • Potential file inclusion via variable
  • Expect file permissions to be 0600 or less

I’ve attached the gosec output to this email.

Do these vulnerabilities seem critical to you? If so, we would love to contribute fixes.

We would like to know how we should proceed further?

Potentially we could integrate gosec into the build pipeline.

Alex Courouble

Member of Technical Staff – Open Source Engineer

VMware Open Source Technology Center

<results.json>

Join EdgeX-TSC-Security@lists.edgexfoundry.org to automatically receive all group messages.