From: EdgeX-TSC@... <EdgeX-TSC@...> On Behalf Of Zeng, Tingyu
Sent: Monday, November 11, 2019 2:31 PM
To: ūüźô TSC <edgex-tsc@...>
Subject: [Edgex-tsc] security WG Progress on Fuji release by 4pm Nov 11, 2019

Hello community,

As promised during Phoenix F2F meeting here is the latest progress from security WG on some blocking issues for Fuji below. Thanks to the great work and endless efforts from the folks in the community, we have resolved most issues already.

  1. Security-enabled blackbox security testing failure on X86 -

https://github.com/edgexfoundry/blackbox-testing/pull/328/

  1. Security-enabled blackbox security testing failure on ARM

https://github.com/edgexfoundry/blackbox-testing/pull/330

  1. Developer-script update for security dependence check

https://github.com/edgexfoundry/developer-scripts/pull/175

  1. Docker-edgex-mongo upgrade

https://github.com/edgexfoundry/docker-edgex-mongo/pull/67

  1. Document update on edgex-go

https://github.com/edgexfoundry/edgex-go/pull/2107

  1. Security-enabled blackbox core-service testing failure on X86

https://github.com/edgexfoundry/edgex-go/issues/2101

Currently we are waiting for the update on item 2 and will have another update on the issue.

Thanks,

Tingyu

security WG Progress on Fuji release by 4pm Nov 11, 2019

Zeng, Tingyu <Tingyu.Zeng@...>

[...]

Re: [Edgex-devel] EdgeX: Systems Management Working Group Chair Nominations

Akram Ahmad

+1 for Michael Estrin, Dell

On Sun, Nov 10, 2019 at 5:52 PM Brett Preston <bpreston@...> wrote:
Members of the EdgeX Community,

As noted at the Phoenix F2F meeting, the EdgeX System Management Working Group has opened up nominations for Working Group Chair.

Current Nominations are:
  • Michael Estrin, Dell
Should anyone else wish to nominate themselves/another contributor, please provide nomination by 5pm PDT on Sunday, November 17. If no further nominations are risen, then Michael Estrin will be named Systems Management Working Group Chair.

Thank you,

Brett

--
Brett Preston
Sr. Program Manager

EdgeX: Systems Management Working Group Chair Nominations

Brett Preston

Members of the EdgeX Community,

As noted at the Phoenix F2F meeting, the EdgeX System Management Working Group has opened up nominations for Working Group Chair.

Current Nominations are:
  • Michael Estrin, Dell
Should anyone else wish to nominate themselves/another contributor, please provide nomination by 5pm PDT on Sunday, November 17. If no further nominations are risen, then Michael Estrin will be named Systems Management Working Group Chair.

Thank you,

Brett

--
Brett Preston
Sr. Program Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1 (971) 303-9030

Geneva Scope, Architectural decisions, and action items

it was great seeing everyone this past week in Phoenix.  Intel hosted a great event and I think it was another successful face-to-face meeting.  I heard from new and first time attendees that they felt very welcome and the community so helpful and friendly.  And that is one of the reasons I continue to be a part of this great effort - the people.  Thank you one and all.

If anyone finds I missed capturing an item, please let me know.

Our release is scheduled for this Friday.  Please let Lisa or myself know if you see anything stopping that delivery.

CTO, IOTech
EdgeX Foundry co-founder, TSC Vice Chairman & System Management Working Group Chair
On EdgeX Slack @ jpwhite
612-916-6693

EdgeX Fuji Release Date pushed to Friday - November 15, 2019

Rashidi-ranjbar, Lisa A

Hi Everyone,

We are now targeting 11:59PM UTC November 13, 2019 to get any bug fixes in for the Fuji release.

During the EdgeX F2F there were several issues found, triaged and fixed. I want to thank everyone who went above and beyond during the F2F!

As a result the Security WG has requested extra time to do some manual testing and will send out a report by email on Tuesday November 12, 2019.

Thanks,

Lisa Ranjbar

EdgeX Foundry Release Tsar

Upcoming Event: EdgeX TSC F2F Meeting - Chandler: Day 2 - Thu, 11/07/2019 9:00am-5:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

EdgeX-TSC@lists.edgexfoundry.org Calendar <EdgeX-TSC@...>

Reminder: EdgeX TSC F2F Meeting - Chandler: Day 2

When: Thursday, 7 November 2019, 9:00am to 5:00pm, (GMT-07:00) America/Phoenix

Where:Galvanize Phoenix at 515 E Grant St, Phoenix, AZ 85004

Organizer: EdgeX-TSC@...

Please email EdgeX-TSC@... for any questions.

Upcoming Event: EdgeX TSC F2F Meeting - Chandler: Day 1 - Wed, 11/06/2019 9:00am-5:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

EdgeX-TSC@lists.edgexfoundry.org Calendar <EdgeX-TSC@...>

Reminder: EdgeX TSC F2F Meeting - Chandler: Day 1

When: Wednesday, 6 November 2019, 9:00am to 5:00pm, (GMT-07:00) America/Phoenix

Where:Galvanize Phoenix at 515 E Grant St, Phoenix, AZ 85004

Organizer: EdgeX-TSC@...

Please email EdgeX-TSC@... for any questions.

Cancelled Event: EdgeX TSC Meeting (Weekly) - Wednesday, 6 November 2019 #cal-cancelled

EdgeX-TSC@lists.edgexfoundry.org Calendar <EdgeX-TSC@...>

Cancelled: EdgeX TSC Meeting (Weekly)

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Wednesday, 6 November 2019
8:00am to 9:00am
(UTC-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/983155298

Organizer: EdgeX-TSC@...

EdgeX TSC Meeting: To discuss top-level technical discussions. Meeting content posted to TSC Wiki.
Meeting Lead: Keith Steele, EdgeX TSC Chair, keith@...
-----
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/983155298

Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll): +14086380968,983155298# or +16465588656,983155298#

Or Telephone:
    Dial: +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll) or +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll)
    +1 855 880 1246 (US Toll Free)
    +1 877 369 0926 (US Toll Free)
    Meeting ID: 983 155 298
    International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=mkFexUxEcqHlvXHw53PqScTDRvS48PiQ

EdgeX F2F Training Day - feedback survey

if you attended part of the F2F training in Phoenix or via Zoom today, would you please take 30 seconds to provide us feedback so that we can work to improve the next event.

CTO, IOTech
EdgeX Foundry co-founder, TSC Vice Chairman & System Management Working Group Chair
On EdgeX Slack @ jpwhite
612-916-6693

Upcoming Event: EdgeX Training/Education - Chandler F2F Meeting - Tue, 11/05/2019 9:00am-5:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

EdgeX-TSC@lists.edgexfoundry.org Calendar <EdgeX-TSC@...>

Reminder: EdgeX Training/Education - Chandler F2F Meeting

When: Tuesday, 5 November 2019, 9:00am to 5:00pm, (GMT-07:00) America/Phoenix

Where:Galvanize Phoenix at 515 E Grant St, Phoenix, AZ 85004

Organizer: EdgeX-TSC@...

Visit the 11/2019 TSC F2F Meeting event wiki page for updates and detailed agenda. Zoom Link.
Please email EdgeX-TSC@... for any questions.

Upcoming Event: EdgeX Business Meeting Topics - Chandler F2F Meeting - Tue, 11/05/2019 9:00am-5:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

EdgeX-TSC@lists.edgexfoundry.org Calendar <EdgeX-TSC@...>

Reminder: EdgeX Business Meeting Topics - Chandler F2F Meeting

When: Tuesday, 5 November 2019, 9:00am to 5:00pm, (GMT-07:00) America/Phoenix

Where:Galvanize Phoenix at 515 E Grant St, Phoenix, AZ 85004

Organizer: EdgeX-TSC@...

Visit the 11/2019 TSC F2F Meeting event wiki page for updates and detailed agenda. Zoom Link.
Please email EdgeX-TSC@... for any questions.

Face-to-face training

Jim White

Good morning everyone.  Training day of our semi-annual face-to-face TSC meeting happens today and it features the following classes (all times are in MST):

9am - EdgeX Introductory Tutorial (Alex Courouble - VMWare)
10:00am ‚Äď Security Services Intro (Malini, Tingyu, Byron, Jim Wang)
11:00pm ‚Äď An introduction to Redis (Andre Srinivasan - Redis)
12noon - lunch
1:00pm ‚Äď CLI Tutorial (Alex ‚Äď VMWare)
1:45pm ‚Äď Dependency Injection Intro (Michael Estrin ‚Äď Dell)
2:30pm ‚Äď Jenkins Pipelines (Lisa/James ‚Äď Intel) ¬†
3:15pm ‚Äď Using the SDK and App Configurable lab (Johanson & Goodell - Intel)

For those not here in Phoenix, you can still attend this training via Zoom.  Here are the Zoom details:
Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/814048924

Meeting ID: 814 048 924

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,814048924# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,814048924# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        855 880 1246 US Toll-free
        877 369 0926 US Toll-free

We will record the training sessions and post those to the Wiki afterward.

Look forward to having you join us today.

Regards
Jim White
CTO, IOTech
EdgeX Foundry co-founder, TSC Vice Chairman & System Management Working Group Chair
On EdgeX Slack @ jpwhite
612-916-6693

Re: Meeting ID for zoom - Day 2

Jim White

Kashif,
the zoom links for all days are listed here for each day:  https://wiki.edgexfoundry.org/display/FA/4+Nov+-+7+Nov+2019%3A+Phoenix+Technical+Meeting

Look for the zoom link listed in table for each day.

Jim White
CTO, IOTech
EdgeX Foundry co-founder, TSC Vice Chairman & System Management Working Group Chair
On EdgeX Slack @ jpwhite
612-916-6693

On Mon, 4 Nov 2019 at 18:24, Rajput, Kashif Majid <kashif.majid.rajput@...> wrote:

Hi,

Can you share with me the Zoom mtg credentials so that I can attend Day 2 proceedings online? Thanks

Kashif

Meeting ID for zoom - Day 2

Rajput, Kashif Majid <kashif.majid.rajput@...>

Hi,

Can you share with me the Zoom mtg credentials so that I can attend Day 2 proceedings online? Thanks

Kashif

Architect's day

I've gotten some questions this morning regarding Architect's Day starting time.  The meetings will start at 9am MST (local time in AZ).  See you all there.
jim

Re: Unable to RSVP.

Jim White

That's great Glen.  We look forward to seeing you there.
jim

On Thu, 31 Oct 2019 at 20:27, Glen Darling <glendarling@...> wrote:
Hi folks,

Thanks to everyone who jumped on to help! After 22 hours I did receive the password reset link (which was set to expire in 24 hours, and I registered my "will attend".

And yes, I would also like to attend the Wednesday dinner, please.

Glen.

From: "Villalobos, JudyX" <judyx.villalobos@...>
Sent by: EdgeX-TSC@...
To: "St Leger, Jim" <jim.st.leger@...>, Jim White <jim@...>, Glen Darling <glendarling@...>