Topics

Docs Repo owner and committers - needs your vote

James.White2@...

TSC members,

THIS EMAIL REQUIRES YOUR VOTE OF +1 / 0 / -1 RESPONSE

We have a new Docs repo – but we did not really establish the “owner” to this repo who can request committers/maintainers to be added.  In fact, the idea of ownership of any repo is getting muddied a bit.  For example, who should own the edgex-go repo when core, system management and security services are all in there?

So the topic of repo ownership is one I have teed up for an upcoming TSC call (and gladly take ideas and suggestions from the field prior to that meeting).

From a tactical standpoint, we need an owner and committers to the edgex-docs repo in order to keep the workstreams going.  As a temporary measure, I am asking TSC’s approval of me as owner of the edgex-docs repo for now (until we come up with a better and more consistent solution).  I am also asking for the TSC’s approval to add the following committers to edgex-docs (these are committers to edgex-go and a few committing to docs already):

    akramtexas
    andyf1967
    anonymouse64
    AnthonyMBonafide
    brandonforster
    difince
    drasko
    janko-isidorovic
    jdharms
    jduranf
    jpwhitemn
    JPWKU
    lenny-intel
    michaelestrin
    mkbhanda
    SteveOss
    tingyuz
    tonyespy
    tsconn23
    xmlviking

    mhall119

    ernestojeda

Jim White

Director, IoT Platform Development Team & Distinguished Engineer

EdgeX Foundry Technical Steering Committee Vice Chairman

Gregg, James R

+1

~ James Gregg

THIS EMAIL REQUIRES YOUR VOTE OF +1 / 0 / -1 RESPONSE

We have a new Docs repo – but we did not really establish the “owner” to this repo who can request committers/maintainers to be added.  In fact, the idea of ownership of any repo is getting muddied a bit.  For example, who should own the edgex-go repo when core, system management and security services are all in there?

So the topic of repo ownership is one I have teed up for an upcoming TSC call (and gladly take ideas and suggestions from the field prior to that meeting).

From a tactical standpoint, we need an owner and committers to the edgex-docs repo in order to keep the workstreams going.  As a temporary measure, I am asking TSC’s approval of me as owner of the edgex-docs repo for now (until we come up with a better and more consistent solution).  I am also asking for the TSC’s approval to add the following committers to edgex-docs (these are committers to edgex-go and a few committing to docs already):

[...]

Trevor Conn
Technical Staff Engineer
Core Working Group Chair of EdgeX Foundry

THIS EMAIL REQUIRES YOUR VOTE OF +1 / 0 / -1 RESPONSE

We have a new Docs repo – but we did not really establish the “owner” to this repo who can request committers/maintainers to be added.  In fact, the idea of ownership of any repo is getting muddied a bit.  For example, who should own the edgex-go repo when core, system management and security services are all in there?

So the topic of repo ownership is one I have teed up for an upcoming TSC call (and gladly take ideas and suggestions from the field prior to that meeting).

From a tactical standpoint, we need an owner and committers to the edgex-docs repo in order to keep the workstreams going.  As a temporary measure, I am asking TSC’s approval of me as owner of the edgex-docs repo for now (until we come up with a better and more consistent solution).  I am also asking for the TSC’s approval to add the following committers to edgex-docs (these are committers to edgex-go and a few committing to docs already):

[...]

Rodney

+1

~Rodney

On Jul 17, 2019, at 15:37, James.White2@... wrote:

TSC members,

THIS EMAIL REQUIRES YOUR VOTE OF +1 / 0 / -1 RESPONSE

We have a new Docs repo – but we did not really establish the “owner” to this repo who can request committers/maintainers to be added.  In fact, the idea of ownership of any repo is getting muddied a bit.  For example, who should own the edgex-go repo when core, system management and security services are all in there?

So the topic of repo ownership is one I have teed up for an upcoming TSC call (and gladly take ideas and suggestions from the field prior to that meeting).

From a tactical standpoint, we need an owner and committers to the edgex-docs repo in order to keep the workstreams going.  As a temporary measure, I am asking TSC’s approval of me as owner of the edgex-docs repo for now (until we come up with a better and more consistent solution).  I am also asking for theTSC’s approval to add the following committers to edgex-docs (these are committers to edgex-go and a few committing to docs already):

[...]

Dell Technologies | IoT Solutions Division

Malini Bhandaru

+1 for docs repoo

+1 for initial committers

From: <EdgeX-TSC@...> on behalf of "James.White2 via Lists.Edgexfoundry.Org" <James.White2=dell.com@...>
Date: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 at 9:37 PM
To: "EdgeX-TSC@..." <EdgeX-TSC@...>
Cc: "EdgeX-TSC@..." <EdgeX-TSC@...>

TSC members,

THIS EMAIL REQUIRES YOUR VOTE OF +1 / 0 / -1 RESPONSE

We have a new Docs repo – but we did not really establish the “owner” to this repo who can request committers/maintainers to be added.  In fact, the idea of ownership of any repo is getting muddied a bit.  For example, who should own the edgex-go repo when core, system management and security services are all in there?

So the topic of repo ownership is one I have teed up for an upcoming TSC call (and gladly take ideas and suggestions from the field prior to that meeting).

From a tactical standpoint, we need an owner and committers to the edgex-docs repo in order to keep the workstreams going.  As a temporary measure, I am asking TSC’s approval of me as owner of the edgex-docs repo for now (until we come up with a better and more consistent solution).  I am also asking for the TSC’s approval to add the following committers to edgex-docs (these are committers to edgex-go and a few committing to docs already):

[...]

Corrion, Bradley W

+1

THIS EMAIL REQUIRES YOUR VOTE OF +1 / 0 / -1 RESPONSE

We have a new Docs repo – but we did not really establish the “owner” to this repo who can request committers/maintainers to be added.  In fact, the idea of ownership of any repo is getting muddied a bit.  For example, who should own the edgex-go repo when core, system management and security services are all in there?

So the topic of repo ownership is one I have teed up for an upcoming TSC call (and gladly take ideas and suggestions from the field prior to that meeting).

From a tactical standpoint, we need an owner and committers to the edgex-docs repo in order to keep the workstreams going.  As a temporary measure, I am asking TSC’s approval of me as owner of the edgex-docs repo for now (until we come up with a better and more consistent solution).  I am also asking for the TSC’s approval to add the following committers to edgex-docs (these are committers to edgex-go and a few committing to docs already):

[...]

Thanks everyone – I have at least 7 TSC votes for this to pass.  No more voting is necessary.